Q: What hours is City Hall open?

A: Monday – Thursday 7:30 am to 6:00 pm, except for designated holidays and weather emergencies. 

Q: How do I find my polling place?

A: If you are unsure of your precinct location, please contact the Supervisor of Elections with Gilchrist County at 352-463-3194.


Q: Where do I apply for a dog license?

A: Currently, dog licenses are not available in Gilchrist County, including the City of Trenton. However, dogs, cats, and ferrets must be vaccinated against rabies infection by a licensed veterinarian as written in the City of Trenton Animal Control Ordinance.

Sec. 14-35. – Rabies vaccination is required for dogs, cats, and ferrets.
(a) The owner of a dog, cat, or ferret four months of age or older shall employ a veterinarian to vaccinate the animal against rabies.

For more animal requirements, please click on Animal Control Ordinance below:

Q: At what point does the City declare a weather emergency?

A: A weather emergency is declared when it is unsafe for public safety vehicles, such as police cars, ambulances, and fire trucks to operate on the roadways.

Q: When do we celebrate Halloween?

A: The date of October 31st  is officially Halloween in the City of Trenton.  However, during those years when October 31st falls on a Wednesday or a Sunday, Halloween will be celebrated in Trenton on October 30th. It is suggested that trick-or-treaters visit Trenton between 6 pm and 9 pm. 

Ayers Health and Rehabilitation facility has in the past set aside a special date/time for trick or treating at their facility.  Please contact them at 352-463-7101.  Some local churches may also sponsor a Fall Festival or Trunk ‘n Treat.  You may also wish to contact individual churches in Trenton or check our local newspaper, The Gilchrist County Journal, for further information.

Q: When are garbage pickup days?

A: The City of Trenton contracts with Waste Pro to provide garbage collection services every Tuesday and Friday. When there are designated holidays, pickup days are usually staggered one day later in the week. Waste Pro will NOT collect large bulky items like couches, mattresses, construction, demolition debris, appliances, or other hazardous materials such as flammables or tires.

Please contact City Hall if you have any questions about materials that are collected at 352-463-4000.

Q: Where and when may I pay my water bill?

A: The City of Trenton Water and Sewer Department is located at City Hall, 500 N. Main Street, Trenton, Florida 32693. Water bills may be paid at the payment window just inside the front door of City Hall on the left from 7:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, except on holidays.

To facilitate after-hours payments, a drop box is available at the front door of City Hall or online payments may be made. Call for more information, at 352-463-4000.